Friday 27 February 2009

I MET ERIN WASSON


this week i had a major migraine, so was beginning to be shit week. but then i bought the emma cook for topshop boots [will come back to them], and then i met erin. sigh. even hotter in real life. she was at selfridges launching her line for RVCA [that i have been banging on about for what seems like forever, is now in selfridges. applause] i took numerous pictures of her, so many that i looked like a crazed fan [which of course is true] i qued up to meet her and got a signed picture [above and already bluetacked to my wall] and my dear friend albertine [who i dragged with me as she laughed as i got so excited/nervous at the prospect of meeting erin] took a picture of me with her [which i will frame] i talked to erin about her a/w collection [see previous posts]. she was so sweet, down to earth and unbelievably cool. [i will post pictures later] and i bought a vest from the collection...sweeeeeet.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day! You met it-gal Erin and walked away with a piece from her coveted collection- did you see the lightening bold button down by any chance? Is it nice?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you looked in her eyes did you see rainbows and shooting stars? I think I would've...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of her pieces sounds like perfection!!! The blazer: to.die.for!!!
    I think i would have wanted to buy it all as well :) Her collection for me is so reflective of who I am: surfer girl come fashionista: I was OBSESSED with surfer culture for so many years- i took it to the point where I backpacked the south pacific solo for four months culminated by a 12 month stint at Quiksilver retail. I'm done with the whole marginal skater/surfer attitude now, but it still resides in me beneath the surface and I still snowboard. Her entire collection is not only totally reflective of my style but the message her clothes deliver is also reflective of me as a person. Anyways, I don't know if the collection will ever be sold in Montreal so I think I'll have to scour other cities and ebay for pieces eventually.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i wish i could meet erin wasson!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw cool! I cant believe you got to meet her. I didnt no she was in london to launch! why didnt I hear about this? not that i could have made it down there but for june when I'll be living in london for 5 weeks I need to know the goss on whats on and where!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is the second post i've seen today about erin wasson! this girl is everywhere and looks like a blast to be friends with! lucky you...meeting her! have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. er susie...? you seem to be forgetting that i was there too! AND you didnt mention the fact that you were photographed wearing pieces from the collection by that magazine... jeeze. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on meeting Erin. It was so bazaar, I had a dream about her. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHH you're so LUCKY! I envy you!! I want to see the vest. And the emma coook boots, you lucky girlllllll

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg did you get the peach ones??? I LOVE them and want them so bad :(

    ReplyDelete